February 10, 2012


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
February 10th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We inflated the dinghy and went ashore at the Las Playita marina. Not much there. We took a taxi over to Flamenco marina where we still needed to check in with the port captain. We were able to also clear out of Panama at the same time since we were leaving that night. Then we hired a taxi to give us a tour of Panama City which has a skyline similar to Miami Beach. There are lots of high rise towers including a Trump Towers. We then went to the only marine hardware store which, oddly, is located in the city, not anywhere near the water. It was comparable to a poorly stocked West Marine. We then went to the best supermarket I’ve seen in Panama and stocked up on final fresh meat, fruits and vegetables. We raised the anchor and sailed to an anchorage on an island 7 miles away. Picked up a mooring buoy for $9 per night.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />I fixed chicken mole, refried beans and a fresh salad for dinner. We then went to bed about 9 pm with plans to depart during the night if there was wind. It was very windy and rather rocky, but I slept fine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb