Caye Caulker


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
August 25th 2010
Published: August 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Can't believe I made it down here!Can't believe I made it down here!Can't believe I made it down here!

My first picture diving
When all is said and done, Martina and I will have done 13 dives on this trip, provided none of our upcoming trips get cancelled in the next few days. The diving here is AMAZING. It is a close second to Utila. Martina is becoming and experienced diver as the days progress. Her skills are really improving and she is going to do her first night dive tomorrow night! The people that work on the dive boats are laid back but are very concientious when it comes to safety, and have a great respect for the sport. We are using Belize Diving Services and the cabin we are renting is like a block away.

The cabin is awesome, its a living room/bedroom/dining room/ combo with a decent bathroom on stilts. Its very similar in construction to a lot of the house that the locals live in but smaller.

So far the highlights of diving have been: a hawkbill sea turtle (sorry no pic), nurse sharks, eagle rays, moray eel, a spotted lobster which was inside of a huge barrel coral, and a barracuda.

Tomorrow we are taking a break from diving (except for a one tank night dive) and going snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley where I hope to get some good pictures.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

CoralCoral
Coral

I am really starting to appreciate coral.
Sobre Las OlasSobre Las Olas
Sobre Las Olas

A decent restaurant with more than a decent view.


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb