This trip went far too fast!!


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
January 30th 2010
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are now about 300 nautical miles from Fort Lauderdale and having to pack our bags...how very sad!!

Last night, we celebrated Sister Lizzie's birthday. Liz is such a good sport and allowed us to decorate the room, wore the crown I brought from home and was so gracious when James the Cruise Director surprised her at the table. We have so many good pictures and memories.

Carole had Liz's stateroom decorated and we had champagne when we met before dinner then again at dinner again. I had brought a few things from home for the party, a crown from the dollar store, a badge that said, "Birthday Girl", that sort of stuff then I did do a scavenger hunt on the ship for other things to add to her loot bag. There was the wonderful body wash, shampoo, conditioner etc that the attendants bring to our room every day. I treated her to a bottle of water and a pair of very sexy underwear. Then as I left the spa yesterday, they had some of those rocks that they use in the hot rock massage holding down some flyers in the hallway outside the spa...and one of them called my name. I swear!! I slid it into my pocket and knew that Liz would need it for her rock garden in Calgary that her Andy has so lovingly built.

As Liz took the rock out of the bag, Annette reported that there were security officers at the spa asking the clients if they had seen any rocks around the ship...actually, I am told there are cameras every 15 feet or so, so I am sure if I buy the cruise DVD I might be featured on that.

And as of this time and date, no one has been sent overboard although there have been a few close calls. I did win about $100 in the casino last night but by the time I left, I had the $30 I went in with. There are shops just outside the casino and one of the lovely young retail therapists, as they are called here, asked me how my husband was enjoying the cruise. I had just dropped a pile of pendants on the floor so when I shared with her that, given my husband was 6 feet under, I think he was really enjoying himself. the poor salesgirl, I thought she would die!! After my luck in the casino, I did buy Jannette and Carole a pina colada. We were rather tipsy as we got on the elevator to go to our room. As I recounted the story to Jannette, of course everyone on the elevator was listening and the only man on the elevator paled and quickly got off. Jannette and I could hardly contain ourselves...I think it had to be one of those times when you had to be there.

All of us have enjoyed spa treatments today, the hot tubs and some wonderful crepes. Annette is having quiet time. Liz and Carole went to bingo. And Mary and Skater Sue are no where to be seen. Mary did have lunch with Paula Deen's husband yesterday and I did see her for a moment in the casino. I think poor Paula was talked out...she sure was not as friendly as she appears on her TV program.

For some reason, I won the "prize" for the highest amount in the onboard account. I have no idea how that happened. It had to be the money that was sucked out of my purse whenever I went to the spa. That's my story and I am sticking to it.



Advertisement



31st January 2010

WAY TO GO
I am so proud of you for lifting the rock I would of done the same thing you know ...aren't we sooooo bad ...lol but I love the life ....glad you got a little wild in the casino...Hugs Marty
31st January 2010

Sounds as if you had a great time . Congratulations. I'm envious of your sisters. June

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb