Day 22 Escaping Nosara


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
October 24th 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We'd read in our trusty guidebooks (why we were still trusting them we don't know), that there was a bus to Nicoya at 8am...meaning we could get there and catch one to San Jose and arrive there in daylight. So our alarm was set nice and early, we forced ourselves out of bed and got ready only to find out that the bus was at 7.30 and woooops we'd missed it. Fab. So the next one was the 12.30 San Jose bus which we knew about previously!

Set off to find this stupid supermarket which should be somewhere, and ended up wandering about 1km down a road to eventually find it. Stocked up on a few things for the coach journey and headed back in the tipping rain, again. We slung our bags on, wrapped up to prevent the rain getting in (Em looking hilariously like a massive anoraked pregnant hippo) and tasha somehow pulling off a miniskirt and umbrella in the rain? Wandering up the road some nice American man clearly took pity on us (shame he was so nice looking and had to see us in our best wear...) and he kindly offered us a seat in his open backed buckie geep. We elegantly climbed in (not easy when its quite a step up and your wearing dresses) and we drove in the rain to the top of the hill. A local surfer shop let us shelter for 20 mins or so, and by the end of the 20 mins we were so worried about missing the bus and having to stay in this stupid town again, that we stood out in the rain for a further 15mins! Boarded our saviour bus and WOOOOOOOOOOO we were on our way to San Jose!!!

7 hours later.. (!) We arrived at the bus terminal, to be hassled into a taxi where the driver had no clue where we were going! We had to call the hostel and get them to explain, while he drove 2 inches away from buses, flying round corners and yabbering away in spanish. Eventually he got to a road he thought it was on, turned into it but as it was a one way road and the hostel was behind us, he reversed the entire way!! With Tasha and Em clinging onto their seats the entire time, we eventually made it safely to the hostel where we were greeted with towels, clean sheets, TV, hot showers and CIVILIZATION!!! We're clearly not made for the rough outdoors...!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb