Jibacoa


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
December 23rd 2017
Published: December 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Left on a journey from the hotel with beautiful vegetation along the road to the town of Jibacoa. The bridge on the way the longest in Cuba 1km. Next to Rotilla a river blistering through the farmlands and the town of the once school for downs syndrome kids no longer was taken by the hurricane. Entering the town of Santa Cruz we went to the museum and then the bank only to find no luck as a Canadian using a bank card. Bring cash to exchange or you could have a problem.

Now off to the town of Hershey, the once Hershey chocolate factory that employed the whole town. The United states embargo in 2005 forced closure due to no importing to the United states when Castro would not agree to terms. Mr Hershey a kind man left all the Cuban employees the homes they were residing in, including the large estates for supervisors. The factory remains standing in a devastated condition.

Passing through El Camino and San Antonio to Juryco the land of sugar cane,sweet corn,beans and lots of farming. Many mansions from past successor's.

Stopped at the best pina colida place on the Island, no limit on rum it's cheaper here than water.

Back at the beach resort to relax. Yet another wonderful day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Hershey FactoryHershey Factory
Hershey Factory

Supervisors homes
San Antonia masionsSan Antonia masions
San Antonia masions

Of past successors



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb