Speyside Safari


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Turtle Nesting
Our last full day we had booked an organised tour to Speyside (having been twice we were looking forward to the commentary etc).

The bus picked us up and we drove up the coast. It lashed it down with rain, the roads looked like rivers, we were glad it was someone else driving. The guide was brilliant and told us lots of interesting things about the island.

Our first stop for a drink at a view point and as we got off the bus the rain stopped, perfect timing. As we got back on the rain came again.

Our second stop, the Argyle Falls, and the rain stopped again. We walked through the rain forest for twenty minutes and came to the falls, it was beautiful. I changed into my swim wear, needing a cool down. Wayne wasn’t going to swim but it started to rain (again) so he changed and we both swam in the pool. It was icy cool and lovely, we both had a great time swimming and playing in the falls. Very glad we got in. As we got out again the rain stopped (brilliant!) we changed walked back to the bus in about 10 minutes and changed. As we got back onto the bus the rain fell again.

We got to Speyside and the plan was to take a Glass bottom boat to Japanese Gardens (where we dived the previous day!). Wayne and I took one look at the boat (a tub!) and decided to stay on shore. The driver took us to a view point (we hadn’t been to this one before) and then back to town, where we walked around and looked at some dive shops before having a cold drink. The others arrived off the boat and we had a big lunch at Jemma’s kitchen. It was fab food - very good! The bus then came to take us all home, tired and happy after a good trip.

We got in and packed our things as the next day was HOME time! Dinner was the same old Buffet with NO veggie option so Wayne and I dinned ‘Al a Carte’ it was better than the buffet options but took a bit longer. We saw another turtle on our way back to the room. This time we both dozed off as we were tired, we did however get
The boat we didnt get onThe boat we didnt get onThe boat we didnt get on

It was rough and the boat looked like a tub!
to look at the eggs dropping down into the hole, it was amazing!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb