St. Maarten


Advertisement
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

St. Maarten is an island that is owned by the French and by the Dutch. St. Maarten is the Dutch side, and St. Martin is the French side. Our ship docked on the Dutch side, but we wanted to see both sides of the island. We decided to go on a bus tour that would take us all around the island. Our first stop on the tour was Orient Beach, which is a nude beach because it is on the French side. Thankfully, we didn't see any nude people when we were there.

Another stop on our tour was at a shopping area on the French side. We had to be back at the bus at a certain time to leave and continue on our tour. We were back in time, but one couple on our bus was not. Our bus driver didn't seem to care and started to leave. We saw them in one area of the market, so he stopped and let Joey off to go get them. Because of us, that couple didn't get left behind.

We tried to do some shopping when we got back to the Dutch side after our bus tour, but it was so hot that we decided to just head back to the ship. It was also the first night that we got to see the sunset. It was beautiful to watch from our balcony.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb