Palm Island


Advertisement
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Palm IslandPalm IslandPalm Island

Beautiful spot for lunch, eh? Under the tiki huts at beach, with waves crashing just a few feet away.
We decided to stop for the day at Palm Island on one of our trips between Union Island and the Tobago Cays. Unfortunately it is a very rolly anchorage, so we didn’t want to spend the night there and loose sleep. But we still wanted to visit this island, which the guide book describes as having one of the most beautiful beaches in the Windward Islands. In fact Doyle writes that it is, “The ultimate picture-perfect Grenadine Beach.” So of course we had to go!

Palm Island is not a very big island (actually none of the islands in the Grenadines are very big, which is why we like it here so much). However it has a nice resort with a restaurant, bar, and boutique to visit. So after a short walk on the beach and a quick run-in with a giant iguana, we were off to lunch. It was great! We enjoyed our burger under the thatch tiki hut, with our feet in the sand, listening to the waves crash not far away. It was a beautiful spot for lunch and we were glad we had visited Palm Island for the day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

IguanaIguana
Iguana

We ran into this giant Iguana as we were walking on the beach at Palm Island.
BeachBeach
Beach

One of the most beautiful beaches in the Grenadines.
AnchorageAnchorage
Anchorage

Too bad the anchorage here was so rolly, we would have loved to stay for a couple of days.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb