That’s how we imagined the Caribbean


Advertisement
Published: September 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Barbados and St Lucia


Marigot Bay, St LuciaMarigot Bay, St LuciaMarigot Bay, St Lucia

Where Dr Doolittle was shoot
Warning: non-parents should avoid reading the first paragraph as it contains very graphic descriptions that might discourage them from reproducing.

At first we did not enjoy the cruise. The first 2 days were at sea without arriving anyplace or seeing anything. We found nothing to do on ship. One might suggest resting pool-side or enjoying one if the well done meals in the restaurants. Or laying around the cabin and resting. Even a casino might pass the time. NONE are possible with a one year-old that has hit his “terrible twos” too early and a 4 year-old, still not over that stage. Consider eating: every table is nicely set except for yours which has all its plates and utensils at one remote corner in a pile. On the exact opposite side is Ariel throwing rice at innocent by-standers (his parent) while Liya is eating ice-cream with one hand and pouring juice on herself with the other followed by a demanding to take off her clothes. When our food arrives you can imagine how fun it is to eat a stake with one hand while trying to stop Ariel from opening all the sugar packs with the other and helping Liya fall asleep in the booth sofa with the 3rd hand.

Our conclusion is that next time we will invite the grandparents to join us.

But honestly, the description above is also like a regular day at home. At least on the ship you have everything you need taken care for you, lots of attractions to distract you and generally a bad day of vacation is better than a good day in the office no?
Lying on the deck with some beer just as the sunset is very very relaxing….

”Liya! don’t go down the stairs and bring your brother with you!”

oh brother 😊


After a couple of days at sea we arrived Barbados and the following day to St Lucia. WE utterly enjoyed ourselves . Think of a Caribbean island and Barbados and St Lucia will be is just as you imagine. We rented a car and drove all around the island. The drive was nice with driving on the left side for the first time an added adventure. Nice white sand beaches. Colonial houses. Tropical wildlife. Relaxed atmosphere. Little seaside villages. A reminiscing heritage of colonial life. A maritime legacy connected to a bygone era when everything was slow and life was simple.

Simple that is, unless you were a slave in one of the plantations. But that is a different story.

Happiness is …



Happiness is sliding down the water slide as if you were 10 years old.

Happiness is getting lost with the car and arriving at a deserted beach.

Happiness is putting on a ridicules color of nail polish that you would not dare to go to work with.

Happiness is having a tan-line on your feet from the sandals.










Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

St Nicolas  Abby Sugar millSt Nicolas  Abby Sugar mill
St Nicolas Abby Sugar mill

We are not sure that the story is with these toy busses but they were just laying there at the sugar mill
St Lucia PortSt Lucia Port
St Lucia Port

While yaron was organizing the rented car Liya and Ariel played around in their car seats


15th September 2011
Soup Bowl beach, Barbados

Grandparents are the best
I have relatives (two sisters) how have such a great system for this- at least once a year, when they go on vacation (usually a week in Eilat), they have the grandparents come with them at the same time, but they stay in a different hotel! the four kids are with the grandparents most of the day (except for meals, which they often eat together, and night-time), the parents get their much-needed rest, and everyone is happy. Tan-line on your feet from the sandals- waaaay to long since I had that. Though the kids have it now, and I'm jealous...
22nd August 2015
Anes La Raye, St Lucia

Incorrect name
Hi there...this is an image of Roseau Beach and not Anse Lay Raye....
22nd August 2015
Canaries, St Lucia

Incorrect name
Hi again...this is Anse La Raye and not Canaries...

Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 28; qc: 159; dbt: 0.1781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb