Rodney Bay


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last night we went to Gros Islet. It is a little town about 1/4 mile from our dinghy. Went to public dock, we had very NONE lady landings!! Had to get on bow of dinghy, and then roll over best we could. One of our friends, Living the Dream, Ann, had put on a dress. Just too funny. Getting back in was a different story, now we had to jump down, I am so short, I landed on Dick's gas tank, he gave me ride. He has bigger dinghy and 18 hp. There was Jon from Non Linear, Jane and Dick from Cheetah II in this dinghy. In ours, Tom, Jeris and Pete. We cannot plan with 4 people in our dinghy, and I do not like a wet ride. So we been ferrying back and forth when we have 4 of us to transport. Sometimes Jon does it, and sometimes Pete takes J and I to where ever, then comes back for Tom.
We are of course still in Rodney Bay anchored out. Yesterday we went to a new meat market that opened up in Dec. Jane had found it by mistake when she was here for Christmas. It is wonderful. We put in a large order to pick up on Tuesday. We are re-provisioning here, it is the best place for our money, and the best for supplies. We then went to IGA in Rodney Bay. Re-provisioning can goods, etc. Once we get into French islands, only thing to buy there is bread, wine, pate and cheeses. And the Euro is 1.50 US to 1 Euro. All of the cruisers love St. Lucia, so many provisions, great prices. We are headed this morning around 11 to Castries. This is capital. Saturday is the day to go. And we know where to shop and eat lunch. More stories on Castries next week.
Last night was Jump Friday!!! What is Jump Friday? Well, the locals get paid, and they party till 0400 or so. So a group of us went there as I said earlier. Large group. About 30 of us.
Jane and I were dancing in the street, as in Calle Ocho. We ate here, and there, trying everything. Best thing I had was a croquette of salted fish, blood pressure shot up? Not sure, and don't care. Tom ate a shikabob of kidney (beef), yuck! Jeris tried and spit it up. He ended up with 2. We had ice cream, 1st time in a long time. Several Pitons and several rum drinks. A french man saw me dancing and whisk me away, while Jeris took black mail pictures. Dad had a great time too, he even did a bit of dancing. We tried to get Jeris to dance, but NO.
The night before Thursday, there is a local beach party. So off we went with 25 other cruisers. Our problem was where to get Tom off. We asked if we could use the Sandals dock, a prime hotel. We did get permission to get him off and on there, but he had quite a walk. Pete ferried us back and forth.
More later..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 62; dbt: 0.121s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb