Swim, Shop and be Spanked! Now THAT'S a Vacation!


Advertisement
Published: December 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This trip was somewhat of an afterthought. Where could we go that's warm, outside of the contiguous United States, can fly out in the morning and be on the beach by the afternoon, and somewhat affordable? Puerto Rico it was. I can say with certainty that if you're a fan beautiful clean beaches, a touch of Caribbean culture, eclectic shopping and beautiful architecture, then this is the pla... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Old San JuanOld San Juan
Old San Juan

Teaching her the ropes....
El Morro, Puerto RicoEl Morro, Puerto Rico
El Morro, Puerto Rico

Perfect place for kite flying.
First DayFirst Day
First Day

Kids saw the beach and got so excited they jumped in with their clothes on.



10th December 2012

Yet Another Great Blog
I haven't commented on your blogs in a while, but I always read them and always! enjoy them. This one made me laugh, so I wanted to say thank you. I hope you have more great travels (vacations) to write about in the upcoming months.
10th December 2012

Thanks Chef!
I appreciate your comment. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned.......
10th December 2012

Haa haa...another great blog Anastasia...
Funny isn't it, how we often tend to neglect the foreign destinations closest to our home countries. I have a friend in Fla who spends half the year on Puerto Rico and he loves it. It's a great place for growing palm trees apparently.....
10th December 2012

Witty
You have some genuine writing talent. Use it for good and not for evil.
10th December 2012

Wow, thanks!
Rest assured, I use ALL my powers for good. Well, its 50-50. Thanks for the compliment though. It made my day! :)
10th December 2012

One week you are in the Middle East and the next in Puerto Rico...
and it was nice to finally meet your family! We took our kids to Puerto Rico and they also had a great time...I agree with your recommendation.
10th December 2012

and now I'm broke...
But really, if you have any other ideas for fun semi-close places for kids, tell me. They absolutely loved PR. I like to diversify though...
12th December 2012

Kid vacations nearby...
I asked my daughter what her favorite vacations growing up were...and you can check all the trips from when we lived in Virginia...and she said that Disney World, the Canadian Maritime provinces (especially Prince Edward Island where Anne of Green Gables took place), and camping in northern Minnesota (and the cat hotel on the Mississippi River) were the best. But you can look at the variety we had and decide for yourself which your kids would like best.
22nd December 2012

Kids are so fun to vacation with, you get to do things like fly kites and lizard chase!
28th February 2013

Fellow traveller
Thanks for sharing your trip! I completely agree that travelling is not and shouldn't be a vacation. We are taking 2 of our children to PR in a few weeks. We will be backpacking. I am looking for a cheap but safe place to stay in San Juan the 1st night we arrive. I am also looking for any ideas for cheap safe lodging on the ocean (east island area). Any suggestions?

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb