Omar Hurricane

Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Pete and I have had numerous experiences with hurricanes. We have taken everything of the deck, jib is down, wind generator is down. Canvas came down this morning. We have secured the boat best we could. It is now in God's hands. We are staying with friends in NE Ponce. Two other sailors have decided to remain with their boats. One is not even taking the canvas down.
This morning's update says it is 110 miles South of Ponce. With sustained winds 65 miles but gusting higher. We are told when it comes to the SE of PR around 2 am tomorrow morning it will be a category 2.
It should cross around the virgins. We feel bad for those persons over in that area.
If someone hears from Island Siren, please let them know we are thinking of them and praying.


16th October 2008

Aim praying his is not a hard low to our islands, we have you all in prayers tonight . In Aruba we had rain for 2 days and all is flooded.

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb