B2 Travel Blog 4


Advertisement
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

What types of music are popular in Puerto Rico? " La Isla Del Encanto"

The popular types of music that have derived and have grown with the Puerto Rica culture are: Bomba y Plena, Salsa, Jibaro, and Reggaeton. All of these have evolved through each other and have some sort of similar context and have used the same topics and used the way that people view their homeland. Also they use their own experiences from their childhood, but most puerto rican kids kind of have a similar growing of their childhood. The salsa and Bomba y Plena and both very fast dances, native dances that have been created with some of the oldest music tool like a guirro of the conga"hand drum". usually the dancers appreciate the musicians by applauding to them or even bow.



I think that the fusion of new music and Afro-Caribbean musical tunes have made a change in the way our culture is being formed. I am surprised to hear that reggeton came originally from old classical first age Latin American music with a new tune. I hope all the young people can get to learn how the the musical industry has evolved with its music. Also ii think its neat that the old tunes and new tunes have fused to make new tunes that we know now a day. Lastly, i hope that the young children who think that the original caribeen music is old and out-dated, well they should re-think that thought because the music is the same just the tunes have changed and have gotten more upbeat now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb