Panama Canal, Jungles & Football


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá » Panama Canal
December 24th 2010
Published: December 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mum and Dad are making me write this so this is what I thought about Panama. The first day we decided to go to the canal. The canal is cool. We tried to book a tour to go on a little boat on the canal but you’re only allowed to do it every first Saturday of every month which sorta sucked. Then we went to a weird mountain where you could see Panama. We also went to a little town which was meant to be a copied town of back in old Panama.

THE NEXT DAY WAS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE. We went on a little boat tour in Lake Gatun which is part of the canal. The tour guide would be driving us around in his little boat telling us about the history of the lake and the canal. So he drove us to this little rainforest area and he said look to your left and there were these howler monkeys and toucans chillin’ in a tree. We drove on a little bit and we saw this baby monkey – it was so cute. The tour man gave everybody a peanut and said “hold the peanuts to your belly” so we did and he drove us over to edge of this crocodile infested water and said “hold your hand out” so we did and these monkeys jumped out and took the peanut out of our hands.

We then saw the greatest animal ever (besides Biggles) IT WAS A SLOTH. And it was awake and it was scratching its belly. We took at least 49 photos of the sloth. And then we went to the tour guides house (which was floating in the middle of the lake) and we had lunch and we went canoeing and some people went fishing. When we got back from everything we could jump off into the water (which has crocodiles in it). The tour guide talked a lot and had very weird segues like who likes chocolate and so we put our hands up and the he said “ vanilla” and same happened and the he said “ caramel” and same thing happened again, people put there hands up, and then said “what do you call it” and we didn’t know and he said “candy” and we were all very confused and then he brought out this snake called Candy and he asked “does anybody want to hold it” and so I said yeah why not, not knowing it was a boa constrictor and can strangle you. And he also brought out a monkey and we fed toucans then we went home.

But when we got home there was a soccer competition on in the local park, but I missed the kids comp so I had to play with the 14, 15 and 16 year olds (the jovens). I scored 3 goals, then we had paella for dinner, and then I went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



7th January 2011

Cool blog Jacko
Hi Jacko Excellent blog. Totally with you on the coolness of sloths - it's what makes your dad so cool too. 3 goals in a south american football match!!!!! I'd just retire after that, but I think you'd beter keep going. Please say Hi to the olds and Happy New Year! Michael

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb