David


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Chiriquí » David
September 20th 2009
Published: September 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
busbusbus

Getting pretty full I would say
I went to Chiriqui Hospital in David for a nagging respiratory problem. Cost breakdown: Dr. visit with a specialist in internal medicine -$35. X Ray - $20. 4 prescriptions - $101. Subtract the Symbicort inhaler and the other 3 prescriptions were just $30. I found my doctor from searching sites and blogs from other expatriats on (what else) the internet. When the pharmacist fills your prescription, he hand types the instructions on a typewriter and sticks it to the box.

For the xray and other tests area, the receptionist manually fills out a form in triplicate with old loose carbons inserted. She must have a grip of steel from all that work. Then you pay at cashier window. My xray technician was dressed in a blue and white hawaiian print shirt, blue jeans, and blue Bongos, or whatever those molded plastic, swiss-cheese clogs are called. It was great.

Panama's bus system is its lifeblood. If the road is paved, you can be sure a bus will come by sooner or later. And they will squeeze you in. Hour and a half from Volcan to David - $2.50. At exactly the right moment down the mountain everyone closes their windows and the air comes on, and vice versa. There is no bloated, expensive, school bus system in Panama. The kids ride all public buses for free and must always be picked up. Sometimes you have a kid in your lap. All school children wear uniforms. I think that is great also.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

lungs are clearlungs are clear
lungs are clear

a bronchial problem evidently


12th January 2010

medical/dental care in david panama
i run the bambu hostel in david panama and have received world class dental and medical here all at about 80% less or more of the cost in the US! We have guests that come down for two weeks for implants with the Dra Miriam Rodriquez located at plaza mallorca, her outfit dental asthetic has great prices and cutting edge technology including a video camera where you can watch the exam along with the Dentist.

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb