Exotic Lost & Found EcoLodge, Panama


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Chiriquí » David
June 20th 2009
Published: December 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

To our delight, even though we were getting rained on and hiking up a vertical trail through mud to get to this hostel, the Lost and Found EcoLodge turned out to be a GREAT place to stay for a few days!

The atmosphere there was quite relaxed with many travelers who were there to volunteer or passing through to see the animals and insects. Numerous hikes, waterfalls, swimming holes, horseback riding, coffee farming and Foosball were a few of the things that kept us busy. Most notable was Rocky, a rescued kinckajou who loved to wrestle visitor heads while trying to chew on ears and noses!! He was such an amazing animal. At night other animals Olingos, Cacomistles and Kinkajous would come to feed on bananas and other fruits! It was awesome to see so closely wild animals completely foreign to us. We also saw a sloth, squirrels and crazy insects that kept us busy.

John and Josh enjoyed a 3 hike through the forest, while I went for a horseback ride and coffee tour.



Lost & Found in the Fortuna Cloud Forest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb