Now we're talking


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Chiriquí » Boquete
December 4th 2007
Published: December 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

(con't from Boca)
After picking up a rental car, a small Hyundai SUV, at David airport ($90 day with insurance!) i headed to Boquete and the area around Volcan Baru' (mountain). This area is stunningly beautiful. Boquete sits in a beautiful valley of cloud topped mountains but the road past it towards Volcan Baru through pristine tropical cloud forests past coffee fincas was amazing. Exploring the road system throughout this region made the auto rental expense worth it as you really need a car to explore it. I stayed the night for $32 at a local cabana in lower Boquete and then resumed exploring.
The town center of Boquete has a problem with diesel fumes that churn the stomach. However, i roamed around town on foot and found the intersting mix between local and expat businesses. I ate traditional fare for $2 and enjoyed an ice cream cone for $.25. Any place with salt and pepper on the table cost me $7-8 (Boquete is a tourist destinatino for Panamanians too). There really isn't much to do here besides explore, and after about 3 days i'd driven all the roads, seen many of the little towns, and was feeling the itch to try out the nearby beaches...
Bottom Line: the natural beauty of this area is awesome and inspiring though there is little to do besides explore


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb