Day 10


Advertisement
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

woke up today to non-rainy weather...a good day for another boat trip we felt!! Did a trip with another tour company today, the captain was much nicer and had a lovely Caribbean accent. First stop was Dolphin Bay; you cant swim here as there are hundreds of jellyfish (which you could see!) For a while we saw nothing, then other boats in the area all headed towards an area and we caught a glimpse of a fin!! We could have seen 2, we could have seen 20, they all look the same and we only saw 2 at a time!! (we would post pictures of them here, but the pics really arent that interesting..we e not going to lie, the dolphins werent performing tricks and jumping out of the water. but it was still amazing to see!!)

Next stop was Coral Caye, where wed been before to eat on our last trip. This time we made sure we had enough money with us!! The boat took us a couple of hundred meters out of the caye so we could snorkle over the coral. The corals themselves were beautiful..so many colours, it was like a really colourful plants with lots of shrubs and flowers!! Tasha got a bit freaked out by a jellyfish, so headed back to the boat, so Em did a bit by herself, although also got a bit freaked out by a big-ish jellyfish ... (i dont know much about jellies, but im assuming foot long tentacles probably aren there to stroke you kindly)..

After lunch we headed to Red Frog Beach (which sounds inundated with red frogs..we assure you its not. nor are the frogs very easy to spot!!!! think there is a facebook pic weve uploaded and you can just about spot this orange smudge amongst the greenery!!) and had a wander through the jungle on the hunt for red frogs. unsuccessful, we headed to the beach which was lovely..a lot more different to what weve seen already, the waves were huge and it was much rougher. not a swim spot! Did a bit of sunbathing and got a bit stalked by a guy wed met a few nights previously... Emily? Hola!!!! ...us thinking, OH MY GOD how did you find us we thought wed shrugged you off!

Headed back to eat some lunch after this and we got a bit sunkissed waiting for the boat to take us to Hospital Point (a snorkling point) This time the sea was really rough unfortunately and a lot of sand had been kicked up so made visibility zero (check out the snorkle lingo!) Went home after this and trudged our way through the streets, dripping wet, towards our hostel. a lot more embarrassing than it sounds. Had a quick shower and CSI watch then headed out for some pizza at La Ballena. As we were enjoying our garlic bread starter, tasha looked kindly down at a kitten and was in the middle of saying ahhh how cu.. when she SHOT up and this kitten darted off...turns out it was a rat. (sorry if your reading this Fi, just skip that part. it was a kitten really...) but we were sitting outside so it wasnt the hygiene of the restaurant so we carried on with our pizza!! Home for an early night for tomorrow mornings plans, goodbye Panama, Hello Costa Rica!!

Advertisement



23rd October 2009

OMG yes am reading avidly but nearly had heart failure at the 'kitten' bit!!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb