Aussies and Panama


Advertisement
Published: January 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


So I have a ton of pictures to post, but both computers I have been on either didn´t have usb plugs or they just don´t work and I am not going to try to switch again. So the picuters will just have to come later.

The plan was originally to stay in Puerto Viejo for a night and continue to Bocas in the morning. On the ride from San Jose we met up with some Aussie blokes who were going to the same place and ended up staying for four nights. Crazy party the first night, good drinking the next two and Australia Day yesterday. We stayed at Rocking J´s which is a wicked hostel with tons of people from all over the world. Met a guy from Kalidascope Pizza in Medford the first day. The two of us got pretty rowdy yelling about how great Oregon is and I passed out in the tent shortly after.

There was a great group trek into one of the local national parks in the pouring rain on the third day. We had to cross a little river to get there. However, none of the locals mentioned that there wasn´t a bridge or that there was coral all over the bottom. Me and an English chap by the name of Tom were a bit concered with the cameras and the rain (started out clear, rained on arrival). Everyone and everything was soaked. Mud was everywhere and everyone was slipping all over the place. Good fun, no pictures for that trip though.

Australia Day is really just a reason to talk with an Aussie accent and drink rum for breakfast. Good times. there was a good slug of people there just drinking away and hanging out on the beach or playing crickit. Awesome day. We are supose to meet up with them here on Bocas and hit the local bar for cheap drinks (a change from Costa Rica).

Isla Colon here in Bocas is kind of a crap town and offers nothing but souviniers and eataries. The other big island is the one we will probably end up in tomorrow. Otherwise, maybe book it back north. Sounding like Nicaragua is our next destination, but you never can tell around here.

Again, sorry about the picures!

Advertisement



28th January 2009

wish i were there cracker jack
wow, sounds awsome man. let me know if theres something we can ups down if u need anything. well keep it up sounds like if the gaymen was to go he would just be slowing u down ...keep up buddy. oh yeah, still look around for some good baby names. ONE LOVE
7th February 2009

yo mama
hey b. YOU CUT OFF YOUR HAIR!!! I knew you would.. I bet its easier to manage.. and you can always grow it back.. I hope your having the time of you life for all of us that can not!!! haha.. I hope your trip is peaceful and fun.. Cant wait to see you when you get back, miss ya dude. Much love and peace. Payla

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb