Where did the time go? Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We quickly made our way from Costa Rica to Panama. Sorry for the lack of writting, internet access has been few and far between (and expensive). After leaving Nicaragua, we traveled to Tortuguero, Costa Rica which is an island where you are supposed to be able to see turtles and was supposed to be the best jungle in Central America. Well, I guess we just hit it the wronge time of the year because we did not have the same luck as that described by the Lonely Planet. The tours were expensive and the only real way to explore this river based rainforest. After we were told that perhaps we would not see turtle during our night turtle tour we decide to do a rainforest tour via canoa. Well, to say the least we saw more while in transit from one place to the next then on this paid tour. The largest jouney of our time in Tortuguero, was getting there. On our bus to the small town where you take the boat to the town of Tortuguero, there was a guy who claimed he was the fame of the town -- bring things to people, saving them in times of need, etc. as the only way of getting there is via boat. Well once we got in the water we found out that this was only day 2 of him driving a boat. We got stuck several times in the pouring rain abd turned out to take much longer then we expected. Our journey out was much easier then the trip in. From tortugero we traveled to San Jose, where we spent 1.5 days before continuing our journey to Panama. Next time I write I will be in Panama City, waiting to take a plane to Cartagena, Colombia.... Currently, we are in Bocas de Toro, Panama... which is amazing beachs... probably the best in all of Central America. I love everyone.

CHAOOO

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb