San Juan


Advertisement
Published: January 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It was time to find out how good San Juan Del Sur, the 'Cancun' of Nicaragua, actually was. Matt and I were up at six to get moving but first we had to grab breakfast at the hostel and boy did I get lucky. I ordered pancakes and they were massive with fried bananas in them, a good start to a day. We jumped into a speed boat and went ripping off to the ferry terminal. From there we crossed to San Jorge and onward to San Juan Del Sur. All this was done by 11:00am so we had a ton of time to explore the town and find good places for food. After checking into Casa de Oro we headed to the market and got huge plates of food for 2.50usd each. Apon arrival back at our hostel, our room mate told us how she had just been robbed by guys who held machettes at her and her boyfriends throats. They had been going for a walk just up from town so we are going to have to be a little careful otside of town. After a bit of relaxation, we headed out for dinner with some friends we had met in Granada. From there we headed to the beach where a live band was playing reggae music. Picture this, we were sitting in long chairs on the beach at a camp fire with cold beers and a live band playing through the night. It was a pretty cool experience so we stayed for awhile then headed back to the hostel for some shut eye. 

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb