Turn This Train Around


Advertisement
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It has been a long time since the last update. Currently in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. We are living about a half mile from the beach at Jenny´s house which rents for $250 Us per month. Cows and chickens in the yard everyday. Jenny is the daughter of Dona Concha who tends the cows and chickens with the help of her brothers in law.

We arrived here about a week ago after traveling with Knut and Uti for three days from the El Salvador border through Honduas to the beach at Leon and a night in Granada. They were traveling in a Ford transit westphalia camper van with german plates. They had shipped the car from Germany to New York and drove to Alaska and were on there way to the southern tip of South America. We had a great time traveling together in Nicaragua.

After Louanne and I decided to tuurn around, we gave Knut anf Uti our Costa Rica and Panama maps and decided to settle down for a few weeks of "playing house" here in San Juan Del Sur, (aka SJDS).

I am copying photos to disc and will try to figure out how to post some for those of you who may be interested.

By the way... it is HOT HOT HOt here. Flor de Cana rum is the best with almost any fruit juice and ice...

best wishes... Mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb