Christmas in Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: January 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Okay, Okay...so we're a little slow in getting this blog out. The sun tends to slow productivity...examples of this are found around the globe. Due to our pressing time schedule to see some of our crew for New Years...we took the express route by bus through both El Salvador and Honduras. We stayed two nights in San Salvador and we were surprised with the sophistication and modern buildings that dot the skyline. We stayed in a great botique hotel to treat ourselves and split up the 20 hours of bus riding that abused our booties. We kept reminding ourselves of the upcoming beaches that awaited us.
Our arrival into Nicaragua and finally San Juan Del Sur was just what we needed and luck was on our side in finding a great little hotel complete with A/C..yes A/C!!! San Juan Del Sur is a former fishing town turned popular beach town of Nicaragua. The long beaches tucked in between tall bluffs of jungle beckon the wealthy from the country for the holiday season. Now, don't picture La Jolla California since the roads still came complete with dirt, potholes, and flea itching street dogs. Now before you log off to book your flights here, the real appeal was in natural beauty and relaxing pace that greeted you every morning. Breakfast was served on the patio where we met Dan from Key West who filled us in on town culture, real estate and local gov't politics. For you not tuning in to central america presidential races... Daniel Ortega has regained power and has promised not to strip personal property from owners this time around... the platform worked after the steady decline of Nicaragua's economy over the last decade or so. We'll see if he keeps his word.
The time flew and before we knew what happened, our time was up and another bus was shipping us off. Costa Rica here we come!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

JordanJordan
Jordan

So fun to run into you!


6th January 2007

key west
erin, i was going to key west not from key west. im from west palm. christ with that ugly picture of me and telling your crew that im from key west theyll think im gay. lets get that strightened out ok. how was tamarindo and where are you now? send me your emails so i can contact you directly. surely you must have a better picture of me! dan
10th January 2007

Ometepe
Great Pics as always - Glad you got to hang in SJ del Sur. It looks like you also made it to Ometepe (which I dug). Thanks for keeping up the blog, it brings some needed warmth to a chilly Seattle.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb