Goodbye Granada


Advertisement
Published: January 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well Granada was a great place to stay for as log as we did but both Matt and I were ready to move on today. We ate breakfast then headed off to find a chicken bus. After a bit of a walk we found one heading to Revas, a city near our destination of San Jorge. This was probably the most crowded one we have been on, with every seat taken and the aisle full of standing people most of the way. We jumped off just outside of the city and they chucked our bags off the roof to us. Hopping in a cab, we made the quick trip to the ferry terminal in San Jorge where we were hustled onto the boat that left the moment our feet touched it. From there it was an hour ride to Ometepe, an imposing island made from two volcanoes conected together. It's a little surreal looking with the volcanoes capped in clouds staning alone in the middle of a massive lake. When we docked it took some time to barter for a cheap ride to Merida, a little town near the smaller of the two volcanoes. Everything was going smoothly until we bit a rock and our van broke down :/. We waited for an hour and a half before finay we could head out again. Arriving at a hostel at 7:00pm, all we wanted was food and a bed which they had for us. For dinner it was a huge buffet and we met a new crowd to hang out with. Following that, our whole dorm went to sleep and it was only 9:30. Everyone was hiking the volcano in the morning so the sleep was much needed.

Advertisement



29th January 2010

Grenada
Hey Robert We were in Grenada on Monday dammit. Thought you were in Costa Rica. Grenada is in Nicaragua not Costa Rica lol. You should have left a message at the hotel for us. Anyway I don't think the diving near our resort was anything special as the snorkeling was terrible. If you are in Costa Rica the Monteverde cloud forest is a neat spot. (About two hours from Liberia) Zip lining, insect collection, reptile house and a great canopy walk over seven suspended bridges. Enjoying your blogs or whatever you call them. All the best Dad

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb