Days 41-42, Granada


Advertisement
Published: October 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Granada is a beautiful colourful city, and we arrived at our hostel just before dusk. Sam and I bumped into a couple of guys from England in the communal area, and they came with us on a hunt to find Radio Shack (an electrical shop) for some essentials. Unfortunately we had a very out of date location (turns out it's just round the corner from the hostel!) but we had a lovely walk anyway!

On our way back we had dinner in the plaza - chicken, rice and beans, naturally.

The next day Sam and I had to wait for our laundry to come back before we could do anything- we hadn't done any since Antigua(!), and my phone being stolen in Leon meant we hadn't done it then, so basically everything we owned was out. When it finally came back and we could change into something clean we headed out with a group from our dorm to take a boat out on the lake.

It was beautiful and sunny and the perfect day to go out round the islets, we saw monkeys and birds, and the island with a beach house owned by the family that own Tona beer, and stopped off on one for a drink before heading back.

The next morning Sam and I headed to Radio Shack - memory card, check; adaptor, check; new go pro housing, nope. Two out of three isn't too bad, but the search for a new waterproof go pro case continues! After the errand we visited Tio Antonio's hammock factory, where workers with disabilities are trained and employed making hammocks and in a cafe. The hammocks are beautiful and the workers are incredibly skilled - weaving so fast and so precisely! We were shown a letter from the Pope to one of the staff who made a hammock for him, and also got to sit in a 17 person hammock.

The cafe was closed for a vacation, but we were recommended a traditional cafe round the corner, where we had breakfast/brunch, before grabbing our bags and heading to the bus for our next stop - onto Ometepe!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb