Chocolate Making at ChocoMuseo


Advertisement
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another place in town offers a chocolate making workshop but I can't imagine it's as good as the one at ChocoMuseo. It's a tour well worthing taking. The newest edition to Granda is a beautiful 2 hour hands-on experience of making chocolate. Who doesn't like Chocolate? Now you can make your own!

They begin with the roasting of the cocoa beans and then you de-shell (a process which can only be done by hand) and grind the beans into a find powder. This powdered is mixed with water and sugar and then you get to choose how you want to spice your chocolate, adding coffee, almonds, peanuts, cashews, orange, chili's, coconut, and deciding what percentage of sugar tastes best. You can even add rum! Which is what I did of course. All the while you get to sample different types of hot and chilled coco beverages the way the Mayan Kings would have enjoyed chocolate. They even make a tea from the shells. Your very own special chocolate is then chilled and you pick it up later.

If you can get Daphnie she's the best guide and gives an excellent English or Spanish tour. It's a delicious experience and I think Robyn's favorite thing we've done so far in Nicaragua.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb