How to have a Perfect Day in Granada!


Advertisement
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Awaken by the sounds of church bells, walk out of your huge colonial room to the courtyard outside your door to laze in your white crochet-like hammock. Watch the sun peek into the open courtyard while the hummingbirds feast on flowers around you, and the traffic is a dull roar that comes through your tall wooden front door, coupled with a wrought iron outer door (your portion $12.50 US)

The idea to climb the Iglesia de La Merced 1 block away to capture the sunrise on film tugs you to quickly dress, hence finding a huge cockroach (Free $US) at the bottom of your colonial armoire. Your angel of a roommate Sena (Priceless $Swiss Francs) dispenses with the unwanted guest in a Warrior Sister Goddess fashion. You make it to the unlocked tower to see the sun kissing the Parque Central Cathedral good morning, minutes before the tower caretaker comes back up for his second ringing shift and evicts you from the tower (politely of course).

Walk the 1 block back home, enjoy breakfast in a bag (freshly cut papaya, watermelon, bananas & pineapple - $0.25 US) compliments of the Sister Goddess!

Take in 4 hours of Spanish classes, (call home at recess), followed by another hammock inspection, and then lunch consisting of thai noodles with peanut sauce ($2.65 US).

Quickly drop Sena off for her pedicure ($3.00 US), then rush home to shower off the +30 degree celcius perspiration that coats every inch of you. Throw on your fav black skirt, and off to the Euro Cafe to enjoy the best full body massage ($16.00 US) of your life by Marlon at Blind Hands. Marlon is led up the stairs by his assistant to his 2nd floor, breezy massage area and you follow.

The next hour feels like heaven in Granada. They say that being blind heightens your other senses, and that statement is definitely true of Marlon. Amazing masseur!!!

Afterwards, on rubber legs, find your way across the street to Hotel Alhambra´s terrace for a Pina Colada ($1.84 US) and catch the breeze while taking in the activity of Parque Central across the street.

Once back at your Colonial Casa, you find your angel roommate asleep in the hammock, with her blue wings wrapped around her.

Muchos Buenos Dias in Granada!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Iglesia de La Merced CaretakerIglesia de La Merced Caretaker
Iglesia de La Merced Caretaker

2nd Ringer....note to self...pack earplugs for occasions such as this!


9th January 2009

Good morning Or Good Evenning What Ever As I read your blog i begin to loose track of time lol .Im gald to see your having a good time and still alive and healthy.Good for you Girly.ITs cool reading your blog,makes a person want to be there soaking up the sun. take care Girly Your Pal Daniel
9th January 2009

Heavenly
What a heavenly way to start the new year... Happy New Year Adele!
9th January 2009

Time!
Dano, then you are feeling exactly like I am as far as losing track of time. I just found out it is friday today...sheshhh....I love that about my trip..every day feels like friday! Peace!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb