Final Pictures of Jiquilillo Beach


Advertisement

Here are some of our last pictures of Jiquilillo Beach!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

CocosCocos
Cocos

At the Rancho there were many coconuts ready to eat.
Boston BoysBoston Boys
Boston Boys

Here are three of the boys we met from Boston. Two have graduated from New England Schools and one of them still has a little left to go. Two of the boys are brothers.
FishermanFisherman
Fisherman

This fellow walked past the rancho on the beach everyday with his jacket on. On this day. he had a barracuda, a small pargo (snapper) and a cravalle (jack). He told me some days he ate fish, on other days he ate beans and rice and vegetables only.
Cocos at SunsetCocos at Sunset
Cocos at Sunset

On this day the sunset was nice. However, to the east a storm was brewing which added to the wetness and the mosquito breeding grounds.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

At sunset the breeze picks up and everyone does something out on the beach. Kids play baseball, families walk together and touristas sit and watch the sunset.
Before PictureBefore Picture
Before Picture

We had one really nice fish dinner at the rancho while we were there. This is Pargo which is a small snapper and one of our favorite fish to eat here and at home.
AfterAfter
After

Rich does a good job when he filets a fish. At home he filets before we cook them. In Nicaragua one filets them after they are grilled. Rich says you get quite a lot of meat off them when you get your meat off the fish the Nicaragua way -- just takes more patience.


14th June 2010

whole fish
When I was served a whole fish in St Martin, I could not eat with those eyes looking at me !! The waitress offered to take it back to the kitchen and take the head off. :-)
14th June 2010

The Eyeball
The lens on the cooked fish make the eye look white which I didnĀ“t like. So, I just stuck my finger into it and pulled it out and placed it to the side. Rich says one should scavenge the head and said that there is always good meat at the back of the head and sometimes in the cheek. It was really tasty, but I can understand your discomfort, but was too hungry to worry about it personally. Dawn

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb