US Visa


Advertisement
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

When you chose the right place (and have the right passport) things can work out to develop rather fast. In the internet I found '2 days' on a list of waiting times for visa applications behind the capital of Nicaragua, Managua. Something that let me ignore all warnings about this dangerous city. So I had to find out for myself. When I came there and first wanted to walk a few blockes for a dinner place a local family stoped me right away to tell me that I was certainly going to be robbed if I would continue to walk down the street. After some discoussion about taxi and other restaurants the family was so kind to escort me to my place in order to prevent my being robbed. How kind of them! And looking down one street facing a gang of young men they decided to walk another street instead...
Not always having such a nice family at my service and the stories of a dutch guy that had lifed in Managua for three month and had been robbed three times already made me take a taxi for the rest of my time in Managua. What a bothersome business... a taxi to the embassy, a taxi back, a taxi for diner, a taxi back, a taxi for the bank, a taxi for the embassy, a taxi back...
After only two days I got the desired US visa, only to find out that the ship passage I got the visa for had been canceled. Trouble for nothing! I called the company to vent my anger and they could sell me the passage I wanted. Thus, for return to Germany was arranged successfully!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 41; qc: 171; dbt: 0.135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb