A2 Travel Blog 1


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica
September 11th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

http://www.jis.gov.jm/pdf/GovernmentOfJamaica.pdf

The country Jamaica has a lot of story behind it. It has been an Independent country since for a short period of time. Also, It used to consist of having a king and a queen running the country, but now they have the freedom to do what ever they want to do. However, The country has updated the government to democracy as of today. This is what makes jamaica fascinating in its own way.

Jamaica is an independent country. This country has been independent since August 6, 1962. That's nearly Fifty years it has been indendent, not only independent but the country is still runned by a monarchy, for example when a queen's face is on the dollar bill, but they adopted their government system, west-minister white hall, from the British. The citizens in Jamaica have freedom to do what ever they like just as we do over here at the United States of America. If a crime is committed they must stand in trail and the citizen will receive the time the fits the penalty that has been committed. Basically the government is the same as the United States of America but the only difference is we have a president and Jamaica has a queen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb