Sandals Jamaica FAM Trip - Day 2


Advertisement
Published: December 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Before going to bed last night, I called my butler, Oshane, and ordered room service for breakfast to be delivered at 7:30 am. Breakfast was delivered right on time by my day butler, Damien.

Sandals Grande Riviera is an amazing resort! In addition to the Butler Villas and the Greathouse rooms above the main building, there is an entire other side to the resort. It is so huge, with so many fantastic amenities, that there is actually a shuttle to take you to the other parts of the property. Our first stop after seeing all the sites, pools, rock climbing wall, the most gorgeous spa I have ever seen, workout rooms, and the room categories of our side of the property, including the gorgeous Romeo and Juliette Suites which have their own private pool and whirlpool, was the Ochi Beach Club. Here is where you find the beaches, water sports, another pool, evening fire pits, and more restaurants. The next stop was the Riviera Seaside area where there were more suites and concierge rooms. In this section is also another spa, more beaches, yet another pool, the outdoor theater, tennis courts, pool tables, and more restaurants and bars. One of my favorites was Ethel’s Piano Bar, which is the oldest building on the property that had belonged to the owner’s mother.

Dinner tonight was a group affair at Kimono’s, the Japanese Hibachi restaurant. Prior to dinner, we enjoyed a cocktail hour around the huge fire pit at the Sundowner Bar.



This resort is really perfect for those who are hip and chic. Out of all the resorts, this one does the most destination weddings, has more groups, the most diverse category of rooms, and offers so many different options for fun or quiet relaxation. And when you add in that golf and scuba diving are included, this resort offers much value. With 15 different restaurants, I think it would be fun to try each one. And since guests at Grande Riviera can take the free shuttle over to Beaches Ocho Rios, it would be easy to spend a week and not eat at the same restaurant twice.

As much as I would have liked to stay out and play, after dinner I went to my room and cuddled in bed with my laptop for a while and Skyped with my husband using the free wi-fi for concierge and butler suites. I could have called him for free using the Sandals app for iPhone and Android but I missed his face.


Additional photos below
Photos: 76, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb