Jamaica


Advertisement
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Puffer fish excitment 39 secs
Dunn River Falls Dunn River Falls Dunn River Falls

Heading up the Dunn River Falls.
Hello from Kingston,

Were on an exercise here working with the JDF (Jamaican Defence Force) and building facilities for their military. Canadian Forces have been working with the JDF for decades, mainly training pilots and exchanges to Canada. I was here once before and nothing much has changed. There military spends alot of time doing civilian duties that police can't manage in Kingston. They roll through the streets in armoured vehicles doing patrols.

We are confined to a fenced area close to the beach and part of the airport grounds. We had one day off in almost a month. We were supposed to get two but there was an "incident" Needles to say no one is excited to be here.

Otherwise things are good and flew out here on a chartered 737, with 50 people on it?!? The exchange is ending soon for the Engineers and we may be the last group through.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

PM Harper PM Harper
PM Harper

PM Harper stopping by after the "big event" of the hijacking of an airplane by Jamaican national
Group Photo Group Photo
Group Photo

He rolls with a large entourage and security team, I have some great video of them and behind the scenes on how they move.
Fire SafetyFire Safety
Fire Safety

Fire fighters giving a fire safety lesson to a school near Kingston.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb