im home! inCofradia, honduras that is...


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Western
August 23rd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

already i know its gonna be so hard to have to leave this place again. everyone is trying to get me to stay and jack in uni for another year... not least because the class i taught before will graduate this year ( ie do 6th grade). everyone is so happy to see me (esp andromeda and jessel-they cried a bit!)... i went around visiting yesterday and ive seen most of my friends now just a few left to find today. we ate baleadas which is one of my favourite foods here (refried beans, cheese and "chismol in a tortilla)mmmmmm.

im staying at my friend Andromeda's house with her 73 yr old dad and younger brother Pablo who is in my class. they r so welcoming (like most ppl here) and even tho they have so little compared to what even the poorest ppl in the uk have they still want to share everything with me. i think our culture could learn a lot from theirs.

for the time im here im gonna be teaching the same kids i had last year who r now going into 6th grade. they dont have enough teachers (normal for the start of the year) so i happily stepped in. cant wait to see them all again on friday!

id almost forgotten how hot and humid it is here. as soon as i got of the plane i was hit by this wall of humidity like an intensified version of setting out of a steaming shower. and there was a bit of a tropical storm which was sweet. the humidity also means the mosquitos are out to get me, seems they missed me too coz im getting bitten 2 death as i write this! for that reason think ive gotta go. adios!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb