The magical adventures of Blavril!


Advertisement
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

Well we are on to week 2 of our travels. We headed to the mainland after a sore goodbye to island life. It was hard to leave Utila but Copan Runias is living up to it and then some. We made friends with a lovely couple from Switzerland and travelled with them from the Island to where we are now.

Copan Ruinas - I don´t even know where to start... The people here are amazing! They are friendly, welcoming and totally forgiving when Blair and I attempt to speak Spanish-which is awful- we have already vowed to take classes before entering a spanish speaking country. Trust me - it makes life waaaay easier.

We arrived at the perfect time too - we caught the last few days of a week long celebrationfestival complete with life music, food vendors, snow cones, and some really nasty herbal moonshine that Blair did a shot of (just enough to upgrade ¨going to sleep¨ to ¨passing out!¨). Good fun. For the next 2 days we hung out with our swiss friends as well as another guy from Seattle and ate, listened to music, drank and explored the town. This place is so pretty ' all cobble stone streets - the women still get all dolled up and wear HEELS. They must have ankles of steel. Seriously. We are talking 3 inches off the ground! There are a lot of beautiful bright buildings - charming. Thats the word - charming.

We did a day trip to the copan ruins - a really amazing sight to see. It was super cool to learn about how the Mayans lived, and how they seemed to up and vanish. You could walk through a lot of the old stone structures and there were some really neat heiroglyphics etched in the stone. There are some smaller sites that we have yet to explore but we are going to try to get to a few more.

Today we visited a butterfly garden. Yes Blair came. Yes he likes butterflies😊 There was a really cool green and black one that actually crawled right on his fingertip. Woot!

We have a day trip booked tomorrow to visit a coffee plantation, a waterfall and a natural hot spring - while riding horses (even though I don´t like them!😊. I think its going to be awesome.

Well hope wherever you are you are warm 😊 Its been a lot cooler over here too ' a nice break from the insanely hot sun. We have been having scattered showers but I think the sun is going to come out tomorrow. Wow so many details. We had pizza for supper. haha. OuT.

Advertisement



22nd March 2011

Sounds like you two are having an awesome time... More news... Avril your funny!!!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb