Copan


Advertisement
Published: April 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A cuba libre after Man U lostA cuba libre after Man U lostA cuba libre after Man U lost

'where are you from' 'We're from Manchester' 'Ahhhh Manchester United!' 'Yeeees' The typical conversation everywhere in the world.
Well we finally visited the ruins today. They were spectacular and very… old. There is a hieroglyphic staircase over 100’ high which contains the longest Mayan history ever found. There are also lots of carved stellae of former kings.

Copan is a lovely chilled out town. Strangely enough it seems that most of the residents own Chelsea tractors. Walking around is lovely during the evening when the town comes alive. This week the town has been celebrating Semana Santa - holy week, leading up to Easter. There’s been street decorations, processions and children acting out the Easter story.

We’ve successfully eaten plenty of street food, one of our favourites is puposas con pollo. They’re chicken stuffed soft tortillas with a side of shredded cabbage and beetroot.

We’ve not done an awful lot, not just because it’s a small town in the mountains but because Sheryl sprained her ankle. A lot of R&R and it’s nearly ok, hopefully it’ll be fine for Monday when the diving starts.

Tomorrow we’re leaving Copan for San Pedro Sula where we’ll be meeting up with Michelle and then we’ll all be going on to Utila on Monday to meet up with Huw.

When we come home we’ll definitely be having some puposa parties.

Lots of love

S&S

xxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



5th April 2010

Love the street pictures - thought they were carpets to begin with. Hope the ankle is fully mended. lots of lovexxxx

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb