And the winner is???


Advertisement
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is Part 2 of the Crowning of the Queen of the Copan de Ruinas Fiesta. Part 1 is entitled: 'They like 'em young and Sexy'.

It was now time for the 'Evening Gown' portion of the beauty pageant. The little girls came first. Most were in sweet Cinderella type gowns in shades of ice cream- vanilla, black raspberry, strawberry, pistachio, lemon sherbet. But one, you guessed it, Miss Tiny Gold Bikini, was in a form fitting, off the shoulder white dress. Again, she was blowing kisses and sucking up to the audience. The crowd went wild. Then the big girls came in slinky, sparkly, tight fitting, black or maroon or brown dresses.
The judges needed time to make their decision so the boy dancers came back. This time dressed in white shirts, with the sleeves rolled up, black pants and skinny black ties. Several had black, wide brim 1930's gangster type hats on. The dance was a story of a fight between 2 of the guys. It was amazing! They were really into it with great facial expression of disdain, disgust, and hate. Then the dancing started in earnest and they were at their athletic best with karate kicks, push-ups, wide arm swings and emphatic punches in the air. The crowd was already pumped up and this got them even more excited. The teen age girls were screaming like the 1964 'Welcome the Beatles to America' girls. A downer was another song from the hefty singer and one last Salsa/ Rumba type dance. These costumes were sleek, shimmery,skin tight, silver spandex with stripes of flaming orange that looked like streaks of fire when they moved. And how they moved. Think of the Latin Ballroom dance competitions. Think of ' Dancing with the Stars'. Think of a shiny viscous liquid slithering around the inside of a glass. It just isn't human to move so sinously. But they did with those great smiles, with that great enthusiasm, with that great joy of youth.
Finally, the winners were announced. As Gomer Pyle used to say " Surprise! Surprise!". Little Miss Sexy, kiss blowing, ass kissing 6 year old won as the Princess proving that, yep, they like 'em young and sexy. The ' Queen' was the grown up version...the one who had worn the tiny gold bikini as her costume and the only one with a strapless gown that showed a lot of cleavage.
Trust me. There is a reason we can't see into the future. If anyone had told me a few years ago that I'd be sitting in a municipal hall in Copan de Ruinas, Honduras watching a beauty pageant, I would have told them they were crazy. But there it was and there I was. Life indeed has a lot of interesting things for us to observe and participate in. It seems to me that the secret is to just jump in and go with the flow.
More later,
Carolyn

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb