Mind enhancing goodies.


Advertisement
Published: August 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

San Petro Sula, 03 marzo 1990.
It rained most of yesterday morning so we had no real chance of seeing the ruins. We did have a great night out camping at the site though, Peyote mind investation and all that.
Peter and my travel buddy James seem to have hit it off so well that he and his "hazy in the mind" afroamerican lady-friend Nora have decided to come with us to Utila, a caribean island in front of the coast where me and James wanna go scuba diving.
James is over the top about it and I suspect his main interest is in the bulky backpack Peter carries around whereever he goes and that seems to contain all sorts of mind enhancing goodies like pot, irish whiskey, Magic Mushrooms and Peyote, and only the indio Gods that rule the mind of man in this part of the world know what else.
But however bulky Peter's backpack might be I've a serious suspicion it does not contain clean clothes. After the four or five days we've been together with this weird couple, I've never seen Peter out of his dirty smelly and sweaty blue jeans and T-shirt.
And then there is Nora, presumably his girlfriend, a bit hazy in the head to say the least and probably some sort of hippy girl born in the wrong time but beautiful in a crude sort of way. Always hovering around me, dressed in inpeccable clean clothes like long gowns and dresses or skin fitting blue jeans and shirts that show more of her boobs then they hide.
We share a room that has two double beds which makes me wonder who will sleep where, maybe I should sleep on the ground in my sleeping bag....
The main zocalo in san Petro Sula is full with local money changers, big wads of currency in their fat hands they all claim to offer the highest rate, 4.65 lempira to the dollar, it was 4.50 to the dollar only a few short days ago.
Both Peter and James change only a 10 dollar bill hoping the course will even get better in Peurto Cortes where we'll go tommorow.
Where Nora's money comes in I've no idea. It sort of seems to be there when the need arises.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb