10ft Waves to the Bay Islands!


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Comayagua early again, and took two buses to the town of La Ceiba. We needed to get there for 4pm, where we had a connecting ferry to take us out to sea, and to the Bay Islands off the Hondruran coast, and to our next destination, Roatan.

Our ferry was seemed big and modern, and was crammed with holidaymakers, mostly from the States. As we left the harbour the water was calm and the sun shining. We went to the top of the ferry to enjoy the sun, and sea air. Then as we got out to sea, the winds were blowing hard. Water was sprayed right over the top of the boat, getting everyone drenched. At first it was good fun, then the waves began to get bigger and bigger and we were being hurled about everywhere. I went back downstairs to the hull, which was a now difficult manouvre, it was hard to stand up. Inside the smell was awful, people had been sick everywhere!! It was now scary, the boat was being thrown around everywhere, we were litterally flying over ten foot waves!!!! Our 2.5 hour journey from hell eventually came to an end, with a few people feeling really ill! Not me though!

We were met by a private taxi, and then driven to our hotel. It was now nightime, and our hotel, Seagrape Plantation was at the West End of the Island, the busiest part. You could immediatley see we were somewhere nice, fairy lights dotted around everywhere, a beautiful beach, and palm trees. We had a really nice meal quite late, and then to bed after another long day.

Could this be Paradise...??!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb