Making A Difference


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I have researched Malya Villard- Appolon and her global initiative. Her global initiative was to help stop the women in Haiti from getting raped. There have been rapes happening there for some time now, but after their recent big earthquake everything became a lot worse. The living conditions in Haiti are still really bad. People are sleeping in tents and they do not have any security around the area in which they sleep. There are a lot of women being raped in Haiti. Women of all ages are being raped even little 17 month old babies. Malya's organization has helped over 4,200 rape survivors in Haiti. Malya helps the people become more aware of all the rapes that are going on in Haiti right now. She also tells them not to be afraid to speak up if they have been raped. She wants to get justice for all that has happened to her and all these women. The organization also offers psychological and legal support for these women. They have a safe house program as well for the people to stay in. The purpose of this organization is to help get justice for all the women that have become victims and change the country. This organization primarily operates in Haiti. In my opinion this is making a difference because this can help change the country that they live in, and could give other people ideas to do the same in their countries.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb