May 27 - camp registration


Advertisement
Published: June 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Registration numberRegistration numberRegistration number

Number corresponds to all data now being collected electronically.
Going back to a previous thread of thought. You will notice the number on the shelter in the pic attached. It corresponds to a registration number for the family residing there. This represents the original registration data. UPS donated a tracking system that has been modified by the SA to include data relevant to the household and to identify the head of the household. This has been transferred to a plastic card produced and used for distributions. Scanning this card immediately identifies the family and their data. We hope to add more data as we go along. For example, gathering health data, clinic visits, meds, etc. One of the real time benefits of this will be to 'see' health issues early on; for instance, a malaria outbreak, children's diseases, etc. Every effort is being made to as healthy and stable environment as possible. Recently, university researchers were at the camp to study this process as part of recommended procedures for future disasters. SA is proud to be on the 'cutting edge' here in PaP.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb