May 27 - camp structure


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

CommitteeCommitteeCommittee

Committe 'president' in vest. Fellow in cap is the camp director - Brad from Austrailia.
The camp manager has set up a committee system - members elected for 3 month term. They are responsible for security within the camp area and interfacing with the SA personnel serving the camp. They take this very seriously - meeting me and extending warm greetings to their camp. They toured through the camp with the Camp Manager and myself and seemed genuinely proud of their participation to make camp life better. This committe participated with SA personnel in doing a census of the residents. UPS donated a tracking system, which was modified to collect important data. This has been an important tool. Initial census was taken, identifying a head of household, and all pertinent information collected. Bar coded cards were produced for the head of household and are used for various distributions, such as food. Cards are scanned and data collected. This also prevents fraud. Plans are being made to extend data to include health information, clinic information and other uses. Possibilities are endless.

Currently, the Camp Manager is setting up a First Aid training program, identifying persons to take training. The best of the trainees will be trained further to provide, under the direction of a nurse, simple first aid. This will hopefully relieve some of the pressure from the clinic. Every effort is being made to provide opportunities to participate in camp life and responsibility.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb