Dear San Pedro La Laguna, You are My Dear Friend.


Advertisement
Published: October 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Dear San Pedro La Laguna,



In two days' we will be leaving you for a short time to visit Mexico. We will embark on this journey via Chicken Bus and will most likely be on a series of buses, facing certain dangers and more than likely, some very disgusting and/or disturbing images as we go. While we truly enjoy eating fresh coconuts and papas fritas from tiny brown bags sold on the buses by vendors for 5 Q's, we really don't enjoy seeing people with missing limbs or eyeballs. Also, we can do without many of the smells we smell on the bus. But we will enjoy the on-board movies, music videos in Spanish and English and the crazy conversations we sometimes have with the Indigenous people.

We will leave behind our most prized possessions for your safe-keeping. We ask you, dear San Pedro, to make sure that this computer I am typing my blogs on will be safe. And most of our clothing we leave behind. On this journey we take only our passports, 2 days' worth of clothes to change into, bathing suits (it IS Mazatlan, after all!) a little money, inhalers, lipstick and a camera to capture our Mexican memories.

Please keep our stuff safe from banditos and our memory alive. We'll be back in 3 or 4 days, transformed, renewed, refreshed from this long, arduous journey and our time spent in the glory of the Sea of Cortez. We will be expecting you to embrace us as we come home to your shores at Lake Atitlan. We will need to rest a few days under your hot Sun and your cool breezes.

You are our good friend, San Pedro. We love you like a brother and cherish all the days we get to spend in your peaceful tranquility.

Love,

Alanna

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb