Lago de Atitlan


Advertisement
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So yesterday we got on the 3pm bus from Antigua to come to San Pedro on Lago de Atitlan. We got here after sun down so needless to say we woke up to one BIG surprise. The mountains here are unbelievable. Its like a dream...

We´re staying in a pretty nice little spot overlooking the lake. This little town is very hippy like and very small. We´re going to take the ferry boat over to the main city, Panajachel, and walk around today.

We met a few people last night staying at our hotel and had a few drinks with them. One was from Montreal and the other from Germany. They´ve gone to a few places that we´re thinking of going to, so they had some good tips for us.

Nothing much else to report. We´re happy and healthy. No diarrhea yet, lol. The food is so so...some places are better than others.
The coffee is pretty fantastic. I´ve been loading up on 3 or 4 cups a day in some places. Mmmmm.

I´ll try to load some more pictures again soon...the computers are really slow here.

Dad & Judy - glad to hear you´re having a good time in Jamaica...I waved on the way by.

Love Ashley.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb