San Marcos Continued!!


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our moon course groupOur moon course groupOur moon course group

Just before the full moon ceremony, we were still in silence!!
We left you just before we went into silence over a month ago. We finally have some time to update you on what has been happening.
The retreat was a life changing experience for both of us. The five days of silence was successful. It is interesting when you don't talk to your partner for 5 days and simply observe their behaviour. We had a cricket invasion in our cabin, which would begin every night as Brendan hopped in to bed, I must admit I let out a few giggles as I watched him try to enforce the rule of silence on to the jungle crickets of Guatemala. His agility was amazing , all that yoga must have paid off!
We were enjoying our time so much that we extended our stay. Brendan went on to study Kinesiology and we started a new course the pyramids offered in Oracle reading. Then we moved on to learn an amazing treatment called Shaluha-Ka , which is based on the Tree of Life. So as you can see we have been very busy learning and in need of a holiday!!!!!
In this time we also moved out of our miniature pyramid cabin into a casa in the valley.
Brendan was very excited about the house he had found for us, all he could tell me about it was that it had a fountain! This was a major selling point for him. There were no crickets but plenty of spiders. Upon waking one morning in intense pain Brendan realised he was not only sharing the bed with one scorpion but two, and this one had a real sting in her!!!!
Brendan has also just recovered from food poisoning, he must be feeling better as he sips on red wine, while waiting for pizza.
We had to say goodbye to 4 our our loyal travelling companions. On Thursday we put them on a plane headed for Sydney. It is very different only travelling with backpacks!!!!
We left San Marcos this morning. We are spending the night in Guatemala city before flying to Los Angeles tomorrow morning, where our travels continue to Paris and London.
We loved our time in San Marcos and it holds many special memories, but it is nice to get back on the road.
We will leave you here as the pizza has arrived.
Love to you all xx





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Life jacket are a good idea!!Life jacket are a good idea!!
Life jacket are a good idea!!

Look closely and you will see the sinking jetty. One of these collapsed on us as we were boarding the lancha.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb