Ditching class


Advertisement

So, of course, we ditched the last hour of class on friday and decided to head to the picturesque town of Antigua for our first weekend away from our new home. This was our first experience on a "chicken bus" and probably the longest 4 hours of my life. My arms are still a little sore from the constant gripping of the seat ahead of me all while attempting to cram 4 people into a 2 person seat. Absolute chaos... it was great! The whole experience seemed a little surreal being that we were the only "gringos" who were crazy enough to take the bus. Talk about being completely out of our element.

Antigua was beautiful! Cobblestone streets with charming little boutiques and cafes all over the place. There was a lot of tourism compared to Xela, which made us appreciate our new home even more. It´s nice to be off the beaten path. But Antigua has so much to offer as well. We had a pretty lazy weekend walking around town, window shopping, and sampling the wide variety of fruits, chocolate, and guatemalan dishes. We especially enjoyed the sweets, hehe. We also had the added bonus of meeting up with our friends from Jackson who started their guatemalan journey in Antigua. Perfect timing. It´s always fun to share travel memories and experiences with friends from home.

More to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb