Guatemala - Lake Atitlan


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to the most beautiful lake in the world; Lago de Atitlan.

Crystal blue water surrounded by volcanoes.

We took a boat to a remote little village of about 600 people called San Marco. On the main foot path we met a lady named Lily, from New York, who directed us to her boyfriends place called Acculax.

This place was amazing…just off the shores of the lake with incredible stain glass in every room.

We settled in and met up with Lily who organizes a community after school program with local children. We spent a few hours playing and making necklaces. It was a great experience to interact with such innocence.

Later that afternoon we walked around the village and found our way to the Moon Fish restaurant, were we had Tempe and Tofu for dinner as the rain poured down.

The next morning we attended a yoga class which concluded with a shoulder rub and some flute playing.

Swam in the lake, walked in the village again and made our way back to Moon Fish again for dinner.

We caught the early boat the next morning to make our way back to Guatemala City to meet up with Cedric.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb