Panaajachel - out on my own


Advertisement
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So the tour ended on Friday and most people went home. Just 4 of our group were carrying on to Mexico and the rest either went home or moved on on Saturday. It was a shame to say goodbye as they had ben a great group.

So I ventured out on my own to Panajachel on Lake Atitilan. This is a very beautiful, and quite European looking lake. Unfortunately though Panajachel relies heavily on tourism so you cannot go anywhere without someone trying to get you on their boat or in their restaurant. Next thing you know it will be time shares!

I met an American on the bus so we went together to find a hotel with character and a like view,but not a huge price. We found one and the view was fabulous. We spent the afternoon on a boat to Santiago Atitlan, where we strolled around and went to a place where people worship the Mayan god by drinking and smoking! Bizarre.

The evening was spent watching the view.

Next day I went to Chichi market. This is a huge market, to which all the locals go, with very colourful textiles, handicrafts and food etc. It was great for people watching. Funnily enough I also bumped in top the ´new´intrepid group in time for a short tour and some lunch.

I´m now back in Antigua before flying home tomorrow....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb