Best birthday ever


Advertisement
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow. Wow wow wow wow. I never thought things would get more beautiful, until my birthday came along.
I dont have words to describe this place. Essentially, is a huge river with different pools that you can swim in and its just gorgeous aqua colour.
We also went into a cave that was essentially full of water...so that was an adventure as well. I couldn´t bring my camera in there which sucked, but in any case, it was amazing. We all had our own individual candles to light the way but it was scary at certain points when there was no one in front or behind. Very dark!!

We jumped off a 9m bridge which I guess isn´t all that high, but it certainly felt high. One of the guys we met, Josh from Denver, dove in off this swing near by, not knowing it was super shallow and he split his face open pretty bad. He looks pretty tough now though, haha, so its not so bad.

Anyways, again, I´ll try to put pictures up again soon but the computers are sooo slow here its brutal.

We are heading to Tikal today, an old ruins site with temples and everything. We plan to watch the sunset at the top of one of them and camp outside the gates to watch the sunrise in the morning.

We´ve met a lot of great people that we´re travelling with so its never been a dull moment.

Miss you all and thank you for the birthday wishes.

Ashley

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb