Belize, Gautemala and some insane adventures!


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey there ladies and gents,

The boys and I have recently left the beautiful Belize and have now arrived in Guatemala!

Our first stop in Belize was the farming town of Orange Walk. Its industry is based on sugar cane farming but it is known globally for the stunning Mayan ruins at Lamini. we decided to fork out for the 1 and half hour boat ride into the jungle to see the ruins and were not dissapointed! We saw crocs, monkeys and an array of things u wouldn't find on your average day out on the Fulham Palace Rd!

unfortunatly we made the error of travelling at night to our next stop.....Belize City. Imagine Harlem but with more guns, more poverty and less police. Added to that we could not have stood out more...well at least Brad and Genti have decent tans! Yet despite fighting our way past 50 cent we did make it through the night in one piece. The best bit though had to be chatting with the locals on the porch of their house where we were given a lesson in the local folklore....apparently theres a portal to another universe at the top of one ruins.....personally i think grandma needs to stay off the herb!

But from Belize City we took a boat ride to the Beautiful Caye Caulker. here we lived the Carribean lifestyle on a remote island by the blue sea......epic. Wazzer did some diving on the Blue Hole which i hear was a once in a lifetime experience. But we were stalling so team leader Gentissimo got us back on the road!

We are currently in Gatemala in a small village next to the most incredible lake. we wake up every morning open the window and have this crystal clear water a stone throw from our room! We woke up this morning at 4 am and went to see the sunrise from the top of a temple at the Tikal ruins! We sat together looking over the jungle canopy and saw what we were told was the best sunrise in a while!

so.....having the most incredible time....and i'm sorry to all back home but i'm not missing home....at all! but me and both the boys send our love to all.

Speak soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Rio Frio Cave in San IgnacioRio Frio Cave in San Ignacio
Rio Frio Cave in San Ignacio

All of us and Fred in front of the most massively massivest cave in the world.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb