Semana Santa...


Advertisement
Published: March 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola amigas and mi familia!
Arrived in Guatemala Saturday. Boy it has been a long strange trip already. Encountered some major-to.minor difficulties, not the least of which included some challenges getting along with the boys and getting some sort of intestinal parasite in Puerto Escondito. Just north of the Frontera (border) between Chiapas state (southernmost on the pacific side of Mexico) and Guatemala, the vegetation finally turned lush and jungley! Guatemala is beautiful and people truly ARE exceedingly nice! Antigua is a cute, colonial town that is clean and full of churches - a perfect place to be for Semana Santa, or Easter Holy Week. Semana Santa is a HUGE deal in central America, and Antigua is the center of the action. Mi madre arrives tomorrow in the noche, and I am super excited to see here. The espaƱol escuela is paying off and I am getting mucho better at the language! One more week of school with madre and the boys and then ma and I are splitting off to travel around. Plans include Lago de Atitlan (a beautifly, clear lake situated between several active volcanos, with yoga and great hiking!) and Tikal (the premier Mayan ruin to see in Guatemala!)

More soon!

Much Love

Meg

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb